Joist Jak® System
Now 6 Great Reasons To Choose Joist Jaks®
|1. New Zealand Made - no waiting for overseas supply. Product can be with you by the following working day in many cases - Ask here
2. Self Leveling - The Joist Jak® is self leveling to 2 degrees and can attain a 4 degree fall by the use of the Base Plate
3. Ease of adjustment - Place your level on the joist and twist the bottom. How easy is that?
4. UV Resistant and all black (like the winners of the RWC) - strength of a prop and installation with the speed of a winger
5. No loose parts - Joist Jaks® lock in tight. The simplicity of the Joist Jak® mechanism results in a product with strength, durability and user-friendly characteristics
6. BRANZ Appraisals - Joist Jaks® are now BRANZ Appraised so you can feel confident that our products are suitable on your project
The Joist JakⓇ Flooring system is designed to provide a raised trafficable surface supported on Joists, generally above a water proofing membrane or services and allows for construction of a level entry platform to facilitate pedestrian traffic flow.
Joist JaksⓇ are adjustable in height by way of engineered screw thread between the two targets (the top and the base.)
This allows for leveling of trafficable surface areas on roofs, balcony's or porches. Additionally the Joist JakⓇ can be used in instances of interior fit outs over services etc.
The Joist Jak® is the main component of the Joist Jak® Deck System.
The Joist Jaks® come in a selection of sizes and are adjustable in height from 20mm up to 105mm (20mm and 50mm Spacers can be added to achieve additional height)
The fins are spaced to accept 45mm timber and are grooved to allow easy penetration of fixing nails or screws. One 30mm galv or stainless (as required) nail or screw should be used on each side of the Joist Jak®
The Joist Jak® is adjustable in height by rotating the lower section of the Jak either prior to or after installation. The top section is self leveling to 2 degrees and with the addition of the Base Plate can obtain a fall of 4 degrees.
The underside is smooth with no sharp edges that may damage a water proofing membrane. The 102mm width base is sufficient to provide stability and transfer both dead and live loads onto the substrate. The base also incorporates water egress channels to allow any build up of water with the Joist Jak® to disperse.
Joist Jak® tile supports are injection-moulded, in NZ, and made from UV resistant polypropylene.
Load tested to 3238kg
Durability (100% UV Stable) and
These were some of the key design considerations, as was Recyclability.
Urban Building Products Ltd believe they have combined all of these points, managing to achieve a cost effective solution to changes in the NZ Building Code E2/AS1 (view here)
Joist Jak® supports consist of two parts; a 102mm diameter base with an internal thread, and a top with an external thread and top plate with Spacer Fins 63mm long and 35mm high. The spacing between the fins is 47mm.
Fully inter-changeable with the Deck JakⓇ Systems components
NO - Ask Here
YES - Order Here
FREE Estimation Service - Here